BEER Development Update #22
Malt Weekly Report (November 27)
- Material transparency:
- Order independent transparency.
- Transparent shadows.
- Optional per-object single layer transparency.
- Pipeline, lighting, and shader API refactor (all examples updated accordingly):
- PipelineTest renamed to NPR_Pipeline.
- Separate common lighting functions from NPR_Pipeline specific code.
- All glsl functions can be called from any shader type.
- Added a specific shadowmap shader pass.
- All shader passes now share the same user-defined pixel shader.
- Pipeline-defined main shader functions can pre and post-process user-defined shader function inputs and outputs.
- Alpha-clip transparency. (Opaque materials automatically discard pixels with alpha 0)
- Optionally disable self shadows. (per-material)