Advanced Toon Shader – Extending Blender Internal
In the light of recent events, BNPR is glad to report that NPR artists aren’t second rated in Blender community and Blender development.
Examples in the field:
- FreeStyle integration into Blender [LINK]
- Ton saying yes to BI revival [LINK]
- Blender Community request things to be fixed in Blender Internal [various links in social media]
- Blender 2.67 in few days time will revive the love of simple yet effective NPR artworks [LINK]
- Mini Splash Contest for 2.67 [LINK]
To further propel the love of NPR, BNPR members have been casting lines in the water to see who else has a stake in BI. The result is a big draft proposal
It does not end there. We are reaching out for the proposal to be fine tuned by the community with a thread on BlenderArtist.org
Any active, interested and passionate coders to revive BI is most welcome. Head to the forum thread above to support this cause. For NPR artists, please don’t be shy with the problem you encounter with BI, the more you share with us the easier for us to resolve your problem. Ironing out corner cases will help us make better BI for everyone. Happy blending blenderheads!